Improving the property development environment since 2008
The Western Cape Property Development Forum (WCPDF) was founded in 2008 to create awareness, address the challenges that face the property development industry and to be the collective voice of the industry in the Western Cape. We focus on the full production line of private and public property projects and associated infrastructure provision.
The WCPDF actively engages and lobbies politicians and government representatives and provides detailed input and feedback on draft legislation and policy to make the public sector aware of the ramifications that decision-making processes and service delivery have on property development and construction and, in turn, the economy and most importantly jobs.
While the industry is also impacted by national legislation, the most critical development issues tend to occur at ground level, and therefore our emphasis is regional. Property is produced at municipal level.
- To be a representative body for the property development industry in the Western Cape that is recognised by relevant authorities, particularly in terms of the vital role that the industry plays to the province’s economy through investment and job creation.
- To promote the interests of the property development industry.
- To interpret and facilitate understanding between the authorities and the property development industry.
- To inform our membership of changes in legislation and policies.
- To co-operate with the various property-related professions in making the greater Western Cape sensitive to the need for property development.
- To actively engage in the education and transformation of the industry.
As a voluntary organisation WCPDF membership is open to property developers and property development-related professionals.
Strategic alliances and associations
Representing the full spectrum of the property development and construction sectors, the Forum strives to create an enabling environment for investment. The Forum continues to seek membership from the broadest spectrum of property role players and representative bodies from various professions to allow the industry to speak with a united voice. The Forum prides itself on our association with various professional bodies, many of whom are represented on the Forum’s Management Committee.